Thursday, September 22, 2011

an earnest prayer...


There is a desire in my heart, a want in my soul
Aching for a new start, yearning to be made whole

For I have come a long way, and have yet far to go
Arrived at points I wished to stay, proceeding with the future I do not know

I have stopped many times to reflect, to see of all that I have become
Only to see a life full of neglect, and evil desires to which I’ve succumb

I have little to show for my years, a little good, some bad, and a lot of fears
A lot of happiness and also tears, many compliments and many jeers

For I have lived a common life, similar to what many will
The ebb and flow of harmony and strife, but here I sit… still

For what does this all mean? What is the purpose of this?
I lose sight of the faint gleam, I get lost in this worlds abyss

I cease to make a difference, to the start I have come once more
Now I come in humble deference, seeking for you to restore

Over and over I come, to the same spot at which I began
Desiring more and more to be done, realizing it must be done again

“Vanity is Vanity” is what the scholar said, I simply don’t understand
Sanity oh Sanity in vanities stead, Father guide me with your hand

For I have lost sight of the goal, the prize faded from mind’s eye
The very thing to make me whole, your Son, crucified

For too long I have strayed, far too long I have roamed
For this to you, I solemnly pray, Lord, bring me home!

1 comment: