Wednesday, September 21, 2011

...The inkless pen...


Right off you may be wondering, what is with the title, “The inkless pen”? Obviously there is something that has to be said (the whole point of a blog if you think about it), which would nullify such a thing as an “inkless” pen. This argument would find my agreement.

However…

There is a profound reason for this title… This is a stated realization that I, in myself, have nothing to say that has not already been said. The words I place on this page are a mere rephrasing of what men have uttered for a lifetime.

In the words of Rabbi Shapiro, we don’t really own anything. Not even our own words. Those words were neatly packaged to us through what we know of as the English language. However, it was given to us, not originated by us. Even what we say is not our own.

So following this line of logic, I have nothing original to say… My voice is indebted to those that have come before me… and I pray that my voice will be heard by those who follow…



For words are written down on a page, to create a story within
to start such a story, how does one begin
an impossible measure, the opportunities have no end
and to start such a story, with an inkless pen…
                        

1 comment:

  1. i am so excited about this blog, martin! already off to a great start! :)

    ReplyDelete