Friday, October 21, 2011

Rain comes down...


On the brink of the unknown, when the gun goes off will you be caught on the blocks… or will you find yourself trying to swim?

Pitter pit pat, the rain falls down
Gray clouds congest the sky

Water falls from heaven to the ground
And to think we have no clue why

A brisk wind breaks across my face
And from puddle to puddle I keep on

A rainy day, a common disgrace
but I pushed forward strong

I expected differently from my state
But a simple smile shone through

Satisfied with what is upon my plate
Still left, not sure of what to do

Trying out trust, is a foreign concept to me
But an effort that must be made

Just like the small plants extend their leaves
To absorb the water with each blade

I walked with a beat I did, a casual stride
A dreary day it was, but my head held high

“I can handle this trust thing”, everything else aside
He is looking out for me, a fact I cannot deny

My feelings are liable to change day by day
But I must rely on what I know

Remembering, He is the way
because the Bible tells me so

There is peace in this trust I cannot explain
One that permits an effulgent smile

A peace, like the soft fall of rain
Present even in great trial


And so with the drop of rain atop my head
A gleam of hope appears

Excited for what is ahead
In the coming years

Rain still falls, with the same ole sound
with clouds that plaster the sky

But with the rain blessings come down
And to think we have know clue why




"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song."
~Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment